A business journalist working with the Standard Group was found murdered and his body was dumped on the roadside along Kangundo Road, Nairobi. The body of Moses Okiror Omusolo, 35 was Thursday morning found in a ditch with a deep cut on the head. Police said they suspect he was killed elsewhere and the body dumped at the site. Police said they found the body lying on the roadside opposite Superloaf Company. Omusolo who reported on business had a deep cut on the right side of the head with oozing blood. A black backpack recovered next to the body revealed…
Author: Eagle Reporter
A section of residents of Tassia, Embakasi constituency, Nairobi was on Tuesday shocked after they found a body of a newborn abandoned at a garbage site. The baby’s body had been covered in a piece of clothing and placed inside a carton that was found at the garbage site. A man who collects cartons and other items for sale was scavenging the site when he came across a carton which had the newborn inside before alerting local residents. A witness who works as a barber at a nearby shopping center said, the carton must have been dropped in the wee…
A three-year-old baby boy whose eyes were gouged out under unclear circumstances was Wednesday taken into protective custody by the government. Junior Sagini, who was receiving treatment at the Kisii Eye hospital, was discharged on Wednesday and whisked away alongside his seven-year-old sister. Their mother Maureen Nyaboke, 27, who was under arrest was also released from Marani Police Station and was reunited with the two. Police said the lives of the three could be in danger following the incident at their home in Ikuruma village, Kisii County, which left the child blind. Police were interrogating Nyaboke on why she left…
Seven suspects charged with the murder of former Kabete MP George Muchai were Wednesday, December 21 released on a cash bail of Sh500,000 after being in remand for the last seven years. Justice Justus Bwonwonga granted them a bond of Sh700,000 each and two sureties of a similar amount. In the alternative, they were given a cash bail of Sh500,000. But even if they are able to pay, the seven accused persons are still battling charges of violently robbing the deceased at a city court, in Nairobi. In this case, they have not been granted bail. In the matter before…
President William Ruto Wednesday said it is time for humanity to step up to make the earth liveable. He noted that the devastating disruptions due to climate change were undermining “our progress and aspirations for economic development.“ He spoke on Wednesday in Ngong’ Hills Forest, Kajiado County, during the launch of the National Programme for Accelerated Forestry and Rangelands Restoration. He was accompanied by First Lady Rachel Ruto, Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua, Environment and Forestry Cabinet Secretary Soipan Tuya, Kajiado County Governor Joseph Ole Lenku, among other leaders. Ruto noted that the Government was keen on countering the negative effects…
Embattled Meru Governor Mwangaza may after all survive an ongoing impeachment process at the Senate. This is after powerful forces including the State House made a political decision to “save” her. Sources aware of the developments said president William Ruto has intervened and persuaded the Senate leadership to make all possible to help the governor. This decision was made on December 20, 2022, at a meeting where the president is understood to have said he doesn’t want to be seen to be fighting women. Out of this, all is likely she will survive, our sources said. This led to a…
Motorists whose vehicles will be involved in accidents or stalled on the roads will have an hour to remove them. Transport Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen such vehicles lead to more accidents. He also said a high number of road crashes occur at night due to poor visibility. “Motor vehicle owners must move with speed to remove stalled vehicles within one hour of an incident, and ensure proper signs are placed at safe distances on the road to warn approaching motorists,” he said. He also urged motorists, especially those driving heavy commercial vehicles and public service vehicles operating at night to…
The Office of Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) declared Wednesday it will appeal against the ruling of a magistrate court which acquitted all accused persons in the Sh20 million graft case against the former governor of Nairobi Mike Sonko. The court acquitted them on the basis that the charge sheet was defective, and not on the merits and substance of the case. The prosecution called a total of 19 witnesses and produced 113 documentary exhibits in support of its case and closed its case on July 27, 2022. The former Governor of Nairobi was charged alongside others with the offence…
The government has set up adequate infrastructure in secondary schools that promises Class Eight candidates a slot in Form One. President William Ruto said this was part of the Government’s goal of ensuring a 100 percent transition from primary to high schools. The move, he explained, will enhance equality in the country. He spoke on Wednesday at State House, Nairobi, when he received the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination results from Education Cabinet Secretary Ezekiel Machogu. “The candidates’ effort, diligence and sacrifice have paid off going by the good results posted,” said the President.
President William Ruto Wednesday, December 21 said the government will ensure the police have adequate resources to execute their mandate. He said the government will also work towards improving the working conditions of police officers. He made the remarks on Wednesday during the official opening of the National Police Leadership Academy in Ngong’ in Kajiado County. Ruto asked police officers to be professional, and keep off politics. Earlier in the morning, President Ruto appointed a task force to look into the reforms in the police service. Ruto asked government institutions to avoid working in silos and seek partnerships that will…