A woman aged 85 was burnt to death in a fire incident in Gichuiro village in Gikambura sub-location, Kiambu.
The body of Mary Wanilku Chege was discovered long after the fire had been contained.
Police said the fire was started by a gas cylinder that exploded burning down three-bedroomed houses.
A 17-year-old boy was fixing the burner of the gas cylinder when it started spinning and later exploded causing the fire.
Property of unknown value was destroyed in the incident.
The body was removed to the mortuary pending further probe.
Meanwhile, a man was electrocuted as he operated a terrazzo cleaning machine in the Chokaa area, Nairobi.
Nickson Kelli was operating a terrazzo cleaning machine when it developed faults electrocuting him.
The deceased was rushed to Bristols Park Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The scene was processed and documented by police and the body was taken to Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital mortuary.