In Ngong, Kajiado County, a man tragically passed away after breathing in fumes from a toilet cleaning solution he purchased from a street vendor.
Peter Muturi Meriti, a land broker in Kajiado county, encountered the fatal fumes while visiting a local wines and spirits shop out of sheer curiosity, which later led to severe complications and his demise.
Reportedly, Meriti was accompanied by two friends, who were members of the community policing team, when they stopped by the liquor store to check on another acquaintance.
While there, Meriti noticed a container of the detergent and, driven by curiosity, decided to inhale its contents.
- Tragedy As Two Boys Aged 12 And 13 Drown At Swimming Pool In Kilimani
- Man Crushed To Death By Train In Mombasa
- Super Bowl 2024: Kansas City Chiefs Defend NFL Title After Beating San Francisco 49ers In Overtime
Shortly after inhaling the fumes, he began experiencing distressing symptoms, including nosebleeds, stomach pain, and vision impairment.
Meriti promptly informed the authorities and was swiftly taken to the nearby Ngong hospital under suspicion of consuming illegal alcohol.
Despite medical intervention, his condition deteriorated rapidly, and he succumbed to the effects of the toxic exposure the following day.
The two individuals working at the liquor store, Consolata Wairimu, and Grace Njeri, informed the police that they had purchased the homemade detergent from a street vendor and had used it in the store.
Law enforcement officials have launched an investigation into the incident and have seized the poisonous detergent for further examination.