Reporter Stephen Letoo has informed his fans that he is now okay after suffering from food poisoning at Citizen TV.
Royal Media Service (RMS) had contracted a catering firm to deliver food for the staff working during the Christmas shift.
The suspected food-borne disease claimed the life of one of the media company’s female subordinate staff who was found dead in her house a few hours after complaining of stomach ache.
Letoo disclosed that he was among those affected and had recovered from suspected food poisoning.
“I am now okay,” he wrote on his Facebook.
Officials are investigating the incident.
The lady was found dead in her house a few hours after complaining of stomach ache through their company’s WhatsApp group.
Group Managing Director Wachira Waruru said in keeping with holiday period working arrangements, the company engaged a private food catering company to provide meals for staff working during the Christmas shift.
However, on Monday, December 26, some of the staff complained of severe stomach pains after consuming meals served within the premises of the company.
Wachira said several staffers were hospitalized for the suspected poisoning.
He said the company was providing all the necessary support to the affected staff and the suspected food poisoning incident is currently under investigation.
“We are deeply shocked and saddened to inform the public that one staff member has unfortunately succumbed to the illness attributed to the suspected food poisoning.” “Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of our deceased staff member during this difficult time,” said Wachira.
He added several staffers have also been hospitalized for the suspected poisoning.
RMS runs Citizen TV, Radio, Hot96, and almost ten other vernacular stations.