Missing Vihiga Man Found Dead In Water Pit At Primary School

A 47-year-old man who had been reported missing has been found dead in a water pit within the compound of Khwiliba Primary School in Luanda Sub-County, Vihiga County.

The body of Laban Zafania Ongombe, a resident of Khwiliba Village in Mukhalahala Sub-location, was discovered on Monday evening.

Police established that the body belonged to Ongombe, who had earlier been reported missing.

Police processed the scene before the body was moved to Copti Hospital mortuary pending a postmortem examination.

The circumstances that led to the man’s death remain unknown, with police investigations underway.

A decomposing body of an unidentified man believed to be about 30 years old has been retrieved from River Lusumu in Eshikulu area, Mumias West Sub-County, Kakamega County.

Police said the body was spotted floating in the river on Monday evening, prompting members of the public to alert officers at Otiato Police Post.

Police officers and detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations visited the scene and found the body floating in the water.

With the help of members of the public, officers retrieved the decomposing body from the river.

The scene was processed as investigations were launched to establish the man’s identity and circumstances surrounding his death.

The body was moved to the Kakamega Referral Hospital mortuary, where it is being preserved pending a postmortem examination.

Meanwhile, a 19-year-old Form Three student drowned while swimming with other children at Umaa Dam, an ongoing construction project in Kitui Central Sub-County.

The deceased, identified as Victor Mbalo Kamba, was a student at Muvinde Secondary School in Mombasa.

Police said the incident was reported at Kitui Police Station at about 6.40pm on Monday.

According to preliminary reports, Mbalo was swimming with other children at the dam when he drowned.

Police officers, accompanied by county government officials and a Kenya Red Cross rescue team, visited the scene.

However, the recovery operation was unsuccessful after the teams found they did not have the appropriate equipment required to retrieve the body from the dam.

The recovery operation was scheduled to resume on Tuesday once the necessary equipment is secured.

Police and rescue teams are expected to continue efforts to retrieve the body and establish the circumstances surrounding the drowning.

READ ALSO;

Kaluma Now Demands Probe Into Homa Bay Violence, Alleges Political Plot