One member of staff at Royal Media Services (RMS) died while many were admitted to the hospital over suspected food poisoning.
Officials said at least five employees were admitted to the hospital since Monday, December 26.
Some were attended to and discharged with food poisoning symptoms.
“We have at least three in serious condition hospital while the rest were attended to and discharged,” said an insider who asked not to be named.
RMS runs Citizen TV, Radio, Hot96 and almost ten other vernacular stations.
Insiders said they suspected food poisoning.
The deceased is said to be a female cleaner at the offices along Maalim Juma Road offices.
The employee who complained of stomach pains on Monday, December 26, was found dead Tuesday, December 27.
The employees reportedly started developing abdominal pains on Monday and Tuesday, shortly after serving a buffet prepared by a hired catering firm.
RMS reportedly contracted a reputable city-based catering firm to deliver food for the staff working during the Christmas holiday season.
Some of those affected are staff working for vernacular radio and TV stations.
Workers in most companies worked in shifts and had catering firms supply food for the workers during the Christmas holidays.
The company is investigating the incident.